News and Conferences
New published work!Read moreCoinciding with World Diabetes Day, 14th November, is the publication of our work, ‘Induction of Type I Diabetes Mellitus in Beagle Dogs Using Alloxan and Streptozotocin’. Important insight that takes us nearer to enhanced translatability to the human health field.
Name change announcement, news from the CEORead moreIt has now been just over a year since InterVivo Solutions (headquartered in Toronto, Canada) acquired Transpharmation, (headquartered in London, UK) bringing together two Neuroscience-centric Contract Research Organisations (CROs). This has enabled us to deliver a wider set of capabilities, along with an even deeper knowledge base, to assist our clients in the Global Pharmaceutical, Animal Health and Biotech Sectors.
CNS Therapeutic Xchange Europe 2022, Zurich - 24th NovemberRead more
Transpharmation's Scientific Lead for EEG, Sleep and Epilepsy, Sandor Kantor PhD, will be making a spotlight presentation on the 24th of November at 13.20-13.50. His presentation is titled 'The effect of CNS-acting drugs on rodent mismatch negativity is modulated by vigilance states' and will expand on the following aspects: Mismatch negativity (MMN) is a component of event-related potentials that is diminished in many neuropsychiatric disorders including schizophrenia; Central nervous system (CNS)-acting drugs often alter vigilance states, and it is not well understood how the drug-induced changes in sleep-wake behaviour affect MMN generation; An overview of the recent rodent MMN research with a special focus on vigilance state specific changes and discuss the methodological aspects and future implications of the latest findings.
For further information about this event please see here:
To view the presentation after the event please contact us.
Society for Neuroscience 2022, November 12-16, CaliforniaRead more
This year’s prestigious event is taking place at the San Diego Convention Centre in San Diego, CA. We are looking forward to seeing familiar faces and meeting new ones. Covering a number of our translational services, we will have several posters on display, along with several members of our scientific team on hand to answer questions, hold meetings and update you on the latest developments that we are able to offer you. Keep an eye on our Linkedin profile for more details coming out soon.
Here, there and everywhere - we love meeting up with you!Read moreDigital conferences were a useful solution during the periods of lockdown, but there is nothing that quite replaces presenting the results of new studies and meeting with customers old and new in a face to face environment.
ECNP Congress, 15th-18th October - Vienna, AustriaRead more
The annual ECNP Congress is Europe’s premier scientific meeting for disease-oriented brain research, annually attracting more than 5,000 psychiatrists, neuroscientists, neurologists and psychologists from around the world. Transpharmation will be presenting two posters; (1) Differential effects of repeated treatment with DOI and psilocybin on the head-twitch response (HTR), locomotor activity and anxiety-like behaviour and (2) 2,5-Dimethoxy-4-iodoamphetamine (DOI) enhances motivation in low and medium but not high performers in the progressive ratio (PR) task in rats. We look forward to seeing you, but if you are unable to attend this event, we will make the posters available to you on our publications page after October 18th. For more details, please feel free to contact us.
Recent collaborative work published by Frontiers in Molecular NeuroscienceRead moreFrontiers in Molecular Neuroscience have recently published Transpharmation's collaborative research with Cindy Périer, Amy Fisher and Mikhail Kalinichev, exploring the efficacy of BoNT/A for inflammatory Pain in Mice. For over three decades, BoNT/A (botulinum neurotoxin Type A) has been used to treat muscle hyperactivity. Following studies in animals demonstrating inhibition of pain transmitters at peripheral and central levels, BoNTs have also been explored in a growing range of human pain conditions as potential analgesic agents. You can read it here: Frontiers in Molecular Neuroscience. For further information about this study or to enquire about booking in your work with us please contact us.
Global representation meeting the needs of our worldwide client baseRead moreTranspharmation has been busy recruiting scientists from across the globe to progress our wide range of preclinical services and to meet the demand of an ever-growing client base. Our science based team come from many countries including the UK, Ireland, Poland, Greece, Turkey, Germany, Bulgaria, France, Sri Lanka, USA, Italy, Canada, India, Hungary, Peru and Ukraine!
Animals in scientific research, 7th Annual Conference, by PolLASA. 12-14th September, Warsaw, PolandRead more
This event will focus on neurobiology within the areas of psychiatry and psychology, behaviour, addiction models and neurodegenerative diseases. Transpharmation will be on hand to present a recent study; "Stress based animal models: refinement vs. translation". If you are not attending this conference, our work will be made available for you to see in our Publications page after the event.
The Safety Pharmacology Society Annual Meeting - September 11-14, Montréal, CanadaRead more
The Safety Pharmacology Society (SPS) presents its Annual Meeting in partnership with the Canadian Society of Pharmacology and Therapeutics (CSPT). There's lots going on; find out more here https://web.cvent.com/event/7f5258b7-2dac-4efb-b6ff-6789cff237fe/summary. We will be at Booth 310 where we look forward to talking to you about our PK and safety pharmacology capabilities in rodents and dogs, and to discuss your study needs. See you there!
Want updates on our service offerings?
Sign up for our newsletter.
- Seven new posters, presented at SfN, now available to view.
- Name change announcement! News from the CEO.
- Chronic fatigue: different etiologies influence translational models
- Seven new translational studies to share with you at this year's SfN event. Read on for poster titles and contact details.
- Translational value increased with non-evoked pain measures.
- Rapid access to PK non-rodent studies. Leading expertise.
- Essential tremor research
- Can a psychedelic experience be modelled in rats?
- Gender Differences in Pain. New research revealed!
- New data on the effect of single dose psilocybin!
- From ketamine to psychedelics, join our webinar starting tomorrow!
- Long term delayed effects of psychedelics in preclinical models. Trailblazing results revealed!
- Accreditation awarded with flying colours
- Breaking news! Merger announcement between Transpharmation and InterVivo Solutions.
- Take a look! New posters, nine therapeutic areas available to view now.
- Nine new compelling studies to be revealed at SfN21!
- Can changes in EEG improve neuropathic pain treatments?
- 40Hz ASSR: sounds that change our thoughts about schizophrenia
- Clerkenwell Health and Transpharmation combine lab and human trials for psilocybin
- Translational endpoints for preclinical pain - improving your chances.
- Transpharmation aims for global standard. Let's talk about lab sustainability.
- Targeting the unmet medical need in Parkinson's Disease - the fastest growing neurological disorder.
- Psilocybin: the power of mental reorganisation
- Expansion to world class premises
- Multiple therapeutic indications
- Focus on pain
- Gene therapies for body and brain in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, progress moves forward.
- Announcing Transpharmation Poland!