With the rising global mental health crisis, over 1 billion people are afflicted with stress-related disorders like depression, sleep disorders, anxiety, addiction and PTSD. Researchers are looking increasingly towards the potential of psychedelic compounds as a treatment to help improve the quality of life for these patients.
Supported by exciting early scientific evidence, this fledgling industry is gaining momentum. At Transpharmation, we carry out sponsored preclinical translational in vivo pharmacology research into ketamine, psilocybin, LSD, psilocin, 5-MeO-DMT, 2C-B, NBOMe derivatives, MDMA, MDA, mitrogynine, cathione and other psychedelics, for the treatment of neuropsychiatric disorders, providing the necessary data to propel compounds into the clinic.
Examples of psychedelic-relevant assays we offer:
- •Target engagement - Mouse head twitch / Rat WDS
- •Anxiety assays - Elevated Zero Maze, Open Field, Light / Dark Box
- •Depression assays - Chronic Social Defeat, Forced Swim Test, Progressive Ratio
- •Developed Bioanalytical Assays and PK
- •Sleep / QEEG - Eg; REM suppression, Power spectral analysis
- •Safety profiling - Locomotor activity, Serotonin syndrome, Seizure threshold
- •Molecular biomarkers - Inflammatory cytokine profiling, LPS induced neuroinflammation (in vivo & ex vivo)
- •Pain assays - Inflammatory pain (CFA, UV-Burn, Etc) Neuropathic pain (CCI, CIPN, Etc)
- •Seizure threshold assays - Chemical & Electrical induced seizure assays (Eg: MEST, PTZ, Etc), Tremor